Livingston CTE Programs
Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs in Livingston County operate as a consortium, meaning the five local school districts (Brighton, Fowlerville, Hartland, Howell, and Pinckney) work together to offer students local opportunities, as well as encouraging students to enroll in programs outside of their home high school.
Students in grades 11 and 12 may enroll in consortium "shared campus" CTE programs. For example, students from Hartland High School can enroll in the manufacturing program at Howell High School. Some of the consortium shared campus programs are offered at locations other than a local high school and include Brighton Institute of Cosmetology, Crosswinds Aviation, Livingston County EMS and Brighton Area Fire.
Transportation to and from all consortium shared campus programs is the responsibility of the student.
All Livingston CTE Programs Provide Students:
- Career exploration and preparation
- Work-based learning opportunities
- Hands-on learning with industry and post-secondary competencies
- Employability skills
- Industry credentials
- Real world application of academic skills
- Leadership opportunities
- Programs of study with post-secondary institutions and articulate college credit
- Opportunities to enroll in the Livingston County Early College
To enroll in a Livingston County CTE program, students should contact their high school counselor.
Explore Our CTE Programs Below
*Indicates consortium shared campus program