IF I BELIEVE MY CHILD IS STRUGGLING IN SCHOOL AND I HAVE CONCERNS ABOUT HIS/HER PROGRESS, WHAT SHOULD I DO?
If your child is having difficulty in school, the first conversation should be one with his/her teacher. Some questions you might ask your child’s teacher at any grade level include:
- What things does my child do well?
- At this point in the school year, has my child learned what you would expect him/her to learn?
- What formative assessment can you share with me that shows my child's learning needs?
- What do they tell us about what we can do to help him/her improve?
- How can I reinforce my son’s/daughter’s learning at school when he/she comes home?
- What is the best way to communicate with you so we can keep in touch regarding my concern(s)?